Abriox is a world-leader in our field of remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers. We provide a high level of service/support and deal professionally and with integrity.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the design and development of remote monitoring products. You will work alongside other hardware design engineers but with total responsibility for the electronic hardware in your project.
The priority for product development is a robust, quality product.
The development environment is very dynamic because we use new technologies and work closely with end-users.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Specification, design and development of the electronic aspects of a product
- Design testing and validation
- Product certification for EMC, Safety, CE and ATEX
- Preparation of product documentation
- Assisting with product support during product introduction, and subsequently if necessary
- A salary of up to £50k dependent on skills and experience
- Responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and an excellent team ethic
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
Degree qualified, you will have significant experience in developing extremely robust hardware using 8/16 bit microprocessors, cellular communications, satellite communications and GPS. You’ll understand the concepts of ISO9001:2015, be familiar with CE certification, and ideally ATEX certification.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in developing embedded real-time systems, low power products and products with wireless communication
- Previous personal responsibility for a significant design, or part of a larger project
- Standard interfacing integrated circuits (ICs); RS232 drivers, ADC’s, DAC’s, I2C, etc.
- Efficient battery powered portable equipment design, including battery chargers
- Switch mode power supplies
- Low level analogue design; miscellaneous interfacing circuitry, etc.
- Analogue signal filter design; low pass, high pass and band pass active filters
- Designing for EMC, ESD, LVD, CE, safety approvals
- RF design/appreciation
- Schematic capture using CAD (Altium Designer preferred)
- Layout of multi-layer PCBs incorporating RF elements using CAD (Altium Designer preferred)
- Surfaces mount soldering of prototypes (basic skills only)
- Prototype test and validation
- Design documentation (requirement specs, design documents, test specs, etc.)
- Change control: raising and detailing product change notes
- Organised and tidy
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication
- Have a sense of humour
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to email@example.com