Abriox is a world-leader in our field of remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers. We provide a high level of service/support and deal professionally and with integrity.
This role offers an exciting mix of engineering activities with emphasis on the practical development and performance evaluations of IoT technology for the next generation of remote monitoring equipment for the oil and gas industry. Innovation and development will focus on future network technologies such as the Internet of Things, low power wide area and upcoming 5G networks.
You will work in partnership with suppliers of cutting-edge early technologies, validating feasibility of these technologies, learning new skills and providing valuable R&D to deliver high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be self-managing whilst working in a project team alongside hardware, software, mechanical and firmware design engineers.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Specification, design and implementation of the embedded software primarily in C
- Input into processor, module, comms and RTOS selection for new products
- Input into the system design, both hardware and web front end
- Design testing and validation
- Assisting with product support during product introduction and trials
- Our products are extremely low power and robust. We use 8/16/32 bit microprocessors, wireless/cellular/satellite communications and GPS
- Responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and an excellent team ethic
- Flexible working hours with option for remote working
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
You will have experience in developing extremely robust embedded real-time systems, low power products, cellular communications, satellite communications and GPS. Highly proficient in C with an understanding of Assembler. You’ll have worked with at least two mainstream microprocessors or microcontrollers and be familiar with the various sorts of embedded peripherals they offer. You’ll understand the concepts of ISO9001:2015 and be familiar with CE certification.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in software or electronics
- Very strong C programming skills
- Previous personal responsibility for a significant design, or part of a larger project
- Working knowledge of electronic hardware.
- Design documentation (requirement specs, design documents, test specs, etc.)
- Change control: raising and detailing product change notes
- Organised and tidy
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication
- Have a sense of humour
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
Please forward CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org