Abriox is a world-leader in our field of remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers.
This role offers an exciting mix of engineering activities with emphasis on the practical development and performance evaluations of IoT technology for the next generation of remote monitoring equipment for the oil and gas industry. Innovation and development will focus on future network technologies such as the Internet of Things, low power wide area and upcoming 5G networks.
You will work in partnership with suppliers of cutting-edge early technologies and validating the feasibility of these technologies.
Our products are extremely low power and robust. We use 8/16/32 bit microprocessors, wireless/cellular/satellite communications.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be self-managing whilst working in a project team alongside hardware, software, mechanical and firmware design engineers.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Specification, design and implementation of the embedded software primarily in C
- Input into processor, module, comms and RTOS selection for new products
- Input into the system design, both hardware and web front end
- Design testing and validation
- Assisting with product support during new product introduction
- A salary of up to £30k dependent on skills and experience
- Responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and an excellent team ethic
- Flexible working hours with option for remote working
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
Ideally you will have some basic experience in developing robust embedded real-time systems, low power products and cellular communications. Be proficient in C with an understanding of Assembler. You’ll have ideally worked with two mainstream microprocessors or microcontrollers and be familiar with the various sorts of embedded peripherals they offer.
- Degree qualified in software or electronics
- Strong C programming skills
- Working knowledge of electronic hardware
- Design documentation (requirement specs, design documents, test specs, etc.)
- Change control: raising and detailing product change notes
- Be self-managing
- Be organised and tidy
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good communication
- Have a sense of humour
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
Please forward CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org