We are seeking an energised and dynamic Operations Manager. In return we offer:
- A salary of up to £55k dependent on skills and experience
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Private healthcare
- Company pension
Abriox specialises in high-tech remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers.
Responsible for leading and managing our subcontract manufacturers and procurement.
Abriox designs and specifies all aspects of our products but they are built at carefully selected subcontract manufacturers under our supervision. At the moment Abriox carries out all procurement and free-issues for production.
In this role you will select contract electronic manufacturers and suppliers. You will ensure they produce to specification and on-time. You will have the authority to make decisions to troubleshoot manufacturing and procurement, in fact you’ll be expected to own these areas and report directly to the CEO.
The challenge is to make significant improvements in materials planning, procurement and inventory management in an environment where demand is difficult to forecast.
You will ensure smooth running of production so that our products are built correctly and delivered on time. You will be involved in strategic decisions on procurement and production planning.
Our products use sophisticated electronics so a background in surface mount electronic manufacturing is essential. Our products also meet CE, UL and ATEX standards so adherence to the documentation and processes is critical.
- Responsible for leading and managing subcontract manufacturers and procurement:
- Schedule materials to meet anticipated production levels.
- Assist with negotiating pricing, quantities and delivery of materials with suppliers.
- Liaise with Sales to get the best possible forecasting information.
- Manage and support sub-contract manufacturers/assemblers.
- Ensure all parts are ordered and delivered for production/assembly and, in support of product development, for prototypes.
- Manage stock levels to ensure optimum use of working capital and stockturns.
- Ensure materials at Abriox and subcontractors are identified and controlled.
- Implement cost reduction exercises for Abriox products.
- Deal effectively with supplier non-conformances and close them out.
- Plan and implement stock take (at Abriox and subcontractors).
- Maintain up-to-date production information (Abriox part numbers, Bills of Materials).
- Identify new or alternative suppliers where appropriate and assess them for suitability.
- Support Engineering with materials sourcing requirements for new product development and introduction to manufacture.
- Select contract electronic manufacturers and suppliers and ensure they produce to specification and on-time.
- Make decisions to troubleshoot manufacturing and procurement, you will own these areas.
- Make significant improvements in materials planning, procurement and inventory management.
- Participation in strategic decisions on procurement and production planning.
- Ensure products manufactured meet CE, UL and ATEX standards and we adhere to our documentation and processes.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the business.
- Inventory control.
- Responsible for management of facilities.
- Relevant experience and knowledge in electronics manufacturing and production.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant management experience.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing.
- Background in surface mount electronic manufacturing is essential.
- Evidence of strong customer focus and commercial acumen.
- Good IT knowledge of systems and processes.
- People management skills and the ability to motivate and lead a diverse team.
- Highly adaptable and flexible approach with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Results orientated; the ability to effectively analyse data, identify issues and find solutions.
- Judgement and decision making; ability to accurately and effectively review options and make the correct decision based on available information.
- Excellent communication skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels in order to ensure business objectives are met.
- Understanding of ISO9001:2015, be familiar with the manufacture of CE, UL and ATEX products (or similar).
- Hold a valid driving licence (to visit our UK subcontractor and suppliers from time to time).
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction. Please forward CV and covering letter to email@example.com