Abriox Inc is expanding its sales team and this is a chance to join a specialist technology-based organisation with a strong technical reputation in the oil and gas pipeline sector. We have already secured major clients, who are buying our products because they are high quality, efficient and robust. We are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic Regional Sales Engineer with communication skills and integrity - to grow our business in key areas.
Following the recent launch of our OSPREY range of gas pressure monitors in the US, this role offers the chance to specialise in these new products, and grow this aspect of the business while also both growing and supporting sales of our well-established MERLIN cathodic protection monitoring products.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will maximise revenue generation within our existing customer base through good relationships, technical support and training. You will also be responsible for growing new business in both MERLIN CP Products and OSPREY Gas pressure products.
Our customers are oil and gas pipeline operators and associated service companies. For this role, you will be particularly involved with gas distribution companies, of which there are more than 1,000 across the US ranging from small, local operators to huge regional companies with tens of thousands of miles of gas pipeline. These represent an exciting new customer base for Abriox – so you need to be able to identify the appropriate technical contacts, present and demonstrate the products (including assisting with on-site installation) and, following a successful field trial, close the sale.
This role will suit an established Sales Engineer with a track record in the oil and gas sector. It may also be suitable for a Technician or Service Engineer familiar with gas pressure management to make the transition into a technical sales role. You will spend much of your time travelling so proximity to a suitable aviation hub is essential.
- An exciting and enthusiastic company, growing fast
- Excellent prospects by getting in at an early stage in our development
- Competitive remuneration (salary + commission)
- Full product training, with the opportunity to visit our UK company
- Flexibility to work from home
- Team-oriented environment with a clear vision for success
- 5+ yrs direct sales with a consistent track record of success and the references to support it
- Experience selling value-based or solutions sales of capital equipment (monitoring instrumentation an advantage) to oil, gas and petrochemical companies and utilities
- Technical degree and/or extensive sales training courses
- Familiarity with MS-Office and CRM-type lead tracking tools
- Identifying potential new customers and the key decision-makers for our products in those companies
- Lead generation through research, calls, visits and presentations
- Setting up field trials of our equipment, coordinating them to ensure that they meet their objectives
- Submitting quotations and proposals and managing our response to RFPs
- Establishing us as the preferred vendor for our product segments
- Supporting customers with technical information, fieldwork and training to ensure that they become familiar with our products, use them correctly and get the best out of them
- Identifying and participating in appropriate tradeshows to ensure that our products become well recognised in their segment; identifying and following up leads
- Gathering market intelligence, including competitor information, and providing input into NPD decisions
- Full technical familiarity with our product range – we will provide training but you must already have sold (or have technical competence in) products comprising electronics, communications and software, preferably within the oil and gas sector
- A structured, disciplined approach to territory management, including initial sales planning, “cold-calling”, honest and realistic lead classification, creating and driving opportunities and regular, timely reporting
- Excellent presentation skills at executive level with small or large audiences in order to explain the features and benefits of our products in formal meetings, as well as over the phone, and to provide on-site and classroom-based training
- Technical competence to carry out field installations and provide technical support to customers in your region
- Market research skills including competitor analysis, input to new product development and providing feedback on trends in the oil and gas sector
- Confident and multi-level communication skills (oral and written)
- Familiarity with a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM)
- Ability to travel widely in the US and occasionally beyond, including periodically outside the US
Experience within the natural gas distribution sector is a big advantage.
You will be professional, self-managing, well-organised and have a good sense of humour. You will play a full part in sales meetings and adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
Application: Please forward resume and covering letter to email@example.com