Abriox is a world-leader in our field of remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers. We provide a high level of service/support and deal professionally and with integrity.
We seek an energised and experienced engineer who is ready to tackle tough problems and to design and develop cutting-edge IoT solutions.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the design and development of our products. You will be self-managing whilst working in a project team alongside hardware design engineers and software engineers.
The priority for product development is a robust, quality product. The development environment is very dynamic because we use new technologies and work closely with end-users.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Specification, design and implementation of the embedded software primarily in C
- Input into processor, module, comms and RTOS selection for new products
- Input into the system design, both hardware and web front end
- Design testing and validation
- Assisting with product support during product introduction, and trials
Our products are extremely low power and robust. We use 8/16/32 bit microprocessors, wireless/cellular/satellite communications and GPS.
- A salary of up to £55K dependent on skills and experience
- Responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and an excellent team ethic
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
You will have experience in developing embedded real-time systems, low power products and products with wireless communication. You’ll be highly proficient in C with an understanding of Assembler. You’ll be familiar with cellular based communications. You’ll have worked with at least two mainstream microprocessors or microcontrollers and be familiar with the various sorts of embedded peripherals they offer. You’ll understand the concepts of ISO9001:2015.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in software or electronics
- Very strong C skills
- Previous personal responsibility for a significant design, or part of a larger project
- Hardware appreciation; able to read a schematic
- Design documentation (requirement specs, design documents, test specs, etc.
- Change control: raising and detailing product change notes
- Organised and tidy
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication
- Have a sense of humour
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org