Abriox is a world-leader in our field of remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers. We provide a high level of service/support and deal professionally and with integrity.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the design and development of our web-based systems. You will be designing, developing and deploying code, services and websites to run on our servers. You will work in a small project a team alongside product design engineers.
The priority for development is a robust, professional application with a clean effective GUI.
The development environment is very dynamic because we use new technologies and work closely with end-users.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Specification, design and implementation of websites and services
- Design testing and validation
- Input into product design
- A salary of up to £45k dependent on skills and experience
- Responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and an excellent team ethic
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
You will have attained a bachelor's degree in Web UX/UI design and development from a reputed institute. You will have significant experience in developing web-based applications with a strong emphasis on UX/UI design. Strong relevant industry experience.
- Have an eye for great design and good background knowledge of UX/UI design principles and practices
- Highly successful problem solver that is organised, detailed and extremely collaborative
- Passionate, positive and capable of making incredibly complex things simple
- Strong communication, presentation, and creative challenge-solving skills
- Knowledge & experience in lean/agile product development, mobile platforms, and market trends
- Strong skills of strategic creative thinking, user-centric design process/principles, verbal and written communication, and teamwork
- Experience dealing effectively with non-creative decision makers
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive UX/UI Developer experience
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools
- Front end technologies, working knowledge of HTML, Java, MVC and CSS
- Strong conceptualisation ability, strong visual communication ability
- Responsive design knowledge and application for desktop, mobile and tablet
- Knowledge of making sites fully accessibility compliant
- Oracle and MSSQL database development and administration
- Mathematical analytical skills
- Creative Flair
- Excellent understanding of security standards and controls
- Web based software development
- .NET Framework development
- Design, implementation and use of various relational database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, access, MySQL)
- Web Services
- MFC/Windows API
- Be self-managing
- Be organised and tidy
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good communication
- Have a sense of humour
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org