Abriox is a dynamic high technology company with European and International Headquarters in the UK and US Headquarters in Ohio.
Our core expertise is the development of remote monitoring systems for utilities – and we work with some of the world’s biggest oil, gas and petrochemical companies.
Our instrumentation helps improve the efficiency of their fuel distribution networks by providing demonstrable asset management, safety, economic, environmental and compliance benefits.
Abriox is committed to employing motivated and high calibre staff who share our values, work as a team and are committed to success. We aim to offer competitive terms and conditions of employment.
We seek the welfare of all our staff and operate on the principle that they work best when they feel valued and can achieve an appropriate work/life balance.
All our staff are qualified professionals in their technical or administrative area. They are encouraged to seek training opportunities as part of their personal career development plan. We believe all existing and prospective employees should have equal opportunities and we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
We offer a competitive salaries with growth potential within the company, a stimulating work environment, full product training and an excellent team ethic.
Electronic Design Engineer
Salary Band: Up to £50,000 pa
Location: Newport, South Wales
Abriox is a world-leader in our field of remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers. We provide a high level of service/support and deal professionally and with integrity.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the design and development of remote monitoring products. You will work alongside other hardware design engineers but with total responsibility for the electronic hardware in your project.
The priority for product development is a robust, quality product.
The development environment is very dynamic because we use new technologies and work closely with end-users.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Specification, design and development of the electronic aspects of a product
- Design testing and validation
- Product certification for EMC, Safety, CE and ATEX
- Preparation of product documentation
- Assisting with product support during product introduction, and subsequently if necessary
- A salary of up to £50k dependent on skills and experience
- Responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and an excellent team ethic
- Flexible working hours
Degree qualified, you will have significant experience in developing extremely robust hardware using 8/16 bit microprocessors, cellular communications, satellite communications and GPS. You’ll understand the concepts of ISO9001:2015, be familiar with CE certification, and ideally ATEX certification.
You should have experience of most of the following:
- Experience in developing embedded real-time systems, low power products and products with wireless communication
- Previous personal responsibility for a significant design, or part of a larger project
- Standard interfacing integrated circuits (ICs); RS232 drivers, ADC’s, DAC’s, I2C, etc.
- Efficient battery powered portable equipment design, including battery chargers
- Switch mode power supplies
- Low level analogue design; miscellaneous interfacing circuitry, etc.
- Analogue signal filter design; low pass, high pass and band pass active filters
- Designing for EMC, ESD, LVD, CE, safety approvals
- RF design/appreciation
- Schematic capture using CAD (Altium Designer preferred)
- Layout of multi-layer PCBs incorporating RF elements using CAD (Altium Designer preferred)
- Surfaces mount soldering of prototypes (basic skills only)
- Prototype test and validation
- Design documentation (requirement specs, design documents, test specs, etc.)
- Change control: raising and detailing product change notes
And an ideal candidate will also:
- Be self-managing
- Be organised and tidy
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good communication
- Have a sense of humour
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to email@example.com