Abriox is a dynamic high technology company with European and International Headquarters in the UK and US Headquarters in Ohio.
Our core expertise is the development of remote monitoring systems for utilities – and we work with some of the world’s biggest oil, gas and petrochemical companies.
Our instrumentation helps improve the efficiency of their fuel distribution networks by providing demonstrable asset management, safety, economic, environmental and compliance benefits.
Abriox is committed to employing motivated and high calibre staff who share our values, work as a team and are committed to success. We aim to offer competitive terms and conditions of employment.
We seek the welfare of all our staff and operate on the principle that they work best when they feel valued and can achieve an appropriate work/life balance.
All our staff are qualified professionals in their technical or administrative area. They are encouraged to seek training opportunities as part of their personal career development plan. We believe all existing and prospective employees should have equal opportunities and we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
We offer a competitive salaries with growth potential within the company, a stimulating work environment, full product training and an excellent team ethic.
Job Title: Operations Controller With Subcontractor Liaison Responsibilities
Reports to: Finance Manager/Sales Manager
Salary Band: TBC
Minimum Qualifications: HND or Degree
- Schedule materials to meet anticipated production levels
- Assist with negotiating pricing, quantities and delivery of materials with suppliers
- Liaise with Sales to get the best possible forecasting information
- Manage and support sub-contract manufacturers/assemblers
- Ensure all parts are ordered and delivered for production/assembly and, in support of product development, for prototypes
- Manage stock levels to ensure optimum use of working capital and stockturns
- Ensure materials at Abriox and subcontractors are identified and controlled
- Implement cost reduction exercises for Abriox products
- Deal effectively with supplier non-conformances and close them out
- Plan and implement stock takes (at Abriox and subcontractors)
- Maintain up-to-date production information (Abriox part numbers, Bills of Materials)
- Identify new or alternative suppliers where appropriate and assess them for suitability
- Assist with site audits of key suppliers in accordance with procedures
- Support Engineering with materials sourcing requirements for new product development and introduction to manufacture
- Manage and operate a small test/repair/service function within the company
- Follow procedures and keep detailed records/results for units serviced
- Package and ship goods back to customers (with appropriate documentation)
- Achieve metrics for service function.
- Handling technical queries on Abriox products (mostly by telephone, some off-site visits required)
- Carrying out (or supporting) off-site installations in UK - and occasionally international
- Report in writing on all work carried out for customers at site.
General Description of Role:
Abriox procures and free-issues all materials for production to its Contract Electronics Manufacturer (located in Dorset). The CEM needs the correct materials to produce what Abriox sells. However, Abriox needs to ensure effective use of working capital. Abriox does not have a MRP system.
This role is critical to the operation of the business. You will have full responsibility for ensuring that the materials for Abriox products are available to the CEM when needed, balanced with effective stock control. You will liaise with Sales staff to obtain the best possible forecasting information and convert this into materials resource requirements. You will manage the scheduling and procurement of these materials, assessing and selecting appropriate subcontractors for electronic and top-level mechanical parts, building partnerships and sourcing the materials needed in a timely and accurate fashion. You will need to negotiate to gain optimum pricing for procured parts.
You will liaise with and support the CEM continuously and assist with Operational/Commercial Reviews with them on a Quarterly basis. Third parties are also used for some sub-assembly parts and also need to be managed.
You will organise a stock take at least once a year at Abriox and the CEM. The stock take must be carried out quickly in order to minimise interruption to production, but accurately to ensure that records are accurate. This requires careful planning and a high level of interaction with the CEM.
As an ISO9001 accredited company, the following of procedures and the accurate keeping of records is mandatory. Meticulous attention to detail, quality and presentation are essential. You should be a good communicator, both externally in your dealings with suppliers and subcontractors, and internally to provide accurate management information. You will periodically visit our key subcontractors and audit them – and will also identify alternative suppliers wherever possible to maintain our quality and ensure competition in the supply base.
Our Engineering department will require your assistance when designing new products – to identify suppliers, obtain samples or prototypes and to assess the quality and suitability of materials going into the new products. You will work with Engineering and the CEM to ensure that these enter production smoothly.
Within a small company you must also be prepared to contribute more widely than the role, as needed. Sometimes this will be interesting, sometimes mundane. You’ll need to be cheerful and positive, whatever!
You will be responsible for carrying out our repair and service work. This involves testing and fault-finding on returned items; deciding on what actions need to be taken; carrying out repairs or arranging for replacements to be sent out; packing and shipping items to the customer; and making sure the documentation is correct.
You will have to keep careful records of what you do so that you are on top of what has come in and what has gone out, meeting a service level turnaround time in each case. Customers will see the results of your work – so meticulous attention to detail, quality and presentation are essential.
With time it is anticipated that you will become familiar with our products technically - and be able to answer the phone and assist customers when they ring in to resolve their technical issues. To do this you will require a thorough knowledge of our products including electronic hardware and PC software. You may have to visit their sites to support them.
As required by our customers, and often in support of our sales activities, you will assist them at their sites (mostly in the UK, possible international travel required) to install and commission Abriox systems. This may require on-site delivery of structured training in the use and maintenance of Abriox products. A written report on all such visits must be submitted.
- Procurement and material scheduling experience
- Self-managing person
- Very organised and tidy, used to planning ahead
- High attention to detail
- Solid English and Maths (any physics/electronics knowledge is a benefit)
- PC literate (all document and records are PC-based)
- Experience of a manufacturing/production environment
- Familiar with commercial documentation (POs, invoices, delivery notes, etc.)
- Good communication
- Self-managing person
- Proficient with electronics hardware and software
- Basic soldering skills
- Competent at assembly-type work
- Awareness of basic commercial documentation (invoices, delivery notes, etc.)
- Presentable, confident customer-facing skills
- Good communicator and trainer
- Sense of humour
- Full driving licence
Additional Skills that would be beneficial:
- Financial package experience (eg QuickBooks or Sage)
- Import/export documentation
- Surface mount soldering
- Electronic fault finding
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Regional Sales Technician (US)
Job Title: Regional Sales Technician
Reports to: VP sales, based in Cincinnati
Salary Band: Up to $70,000, depending on experience, with on-target earnings of $80-100,000
- 5+ yrs direct sales with a consistent track record of success and the references to support it.
- Experience selling value-based or solutions sales of capital equipment (monitoring instrumentation an advantage) to oil, gas and petrochemical companies and to utilities.
- Technical degree and/or extensive sales training courses.
- Familiarity with MS-Office and CRM-type lead tracking tools and databases.
- Identifying potential customers and the key decision-makers for our products in those companies.
- Lead generation through research, calls, visits and presentations.
- Setting up field trials of our equipment, coordinating them to ensure that they meet their objectives.
- Submitting quotations and proposals and managing our response to RFPs.
- Establishing us as the preferred vendor for our product segments.
- Supporting customers with technical information, fieldwork and training to ensure that they become familiar with our products, use them correctly and get the best out of them.
- Identifying and participating in appropriate tradeshows to ensure that our products become well recognised in their segment; identifying and following up leads.
- Gathering market intelligence, including competitor information, and providing input into NPD decisions.
General Description of Role:
Abriox Inc is expanding its sales team and this is a chance to join a specialist technology-based organisation with a strong technical reputation in the oil and gas pipeline sector. We have already secured major clients, who are buying our products because they are high quality, efficient and robust. We are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic Field Sales Technician with communication skills and integrity - to grow our business in key areas.
Following the recent launch of our OSPREY range of gas pressure monitors in the US, this role offers the chance to specialise in these new products, while also supporting sales of our well established MERLIN cathodic protection monitoring products.
Reporting to the VP Sales in Cincinnati, you will manage and provide technical support to our existing customer base - and develop new business. Our customers are oil and gas pipeline operators and associated service companies. For this role, you will be particularly involved with gas distribution companies, of which there are more than 1,000 across the US ranging from small, local operators to huge regional companies with tens of thousands of miles of gas pipeline. These represent an exciting new customer base for Abriox – so you need to be able to identify the appropriate technical contacts, present and demonstrate the products (including assisting with on-site installation) and, following a successful field trial, close the sale.
In return for your success, we offer:
- An exciting and enthusiastic company, growing fast
- Excellent prospects by getting in at an early stage in our development
- Competitive remuneration (salary + commission)
- Full product training, with the opportunity to visit our UK company
- Flexibility to work from home
- Team-oriented environment with a clear vision for success.
This role will suit an established Sales Engineer with a track record in the oil and gas sector. It may also be suitable for a Technician or Service Engineer familiar with gas pressure management to make the transition into a technical sales role. You will spend much of your time travelling so proximity to a suitable aviation hub is essential.
- Full technical familiarity with our product range – we will provide training but you must already have sold (or have technical competence in) products comprising electronics, communications and software, preferably within the oil and gas sector.
- A structured, disciplined approach to account management, including initial sales planning, “cold-calling”, honest and realistic lead classification, creating and driving opportunities and regular, timely reporting.
- Excellent presentation skills at executive level with small or large audiences in order to explain the features and benefits of our products in formal meetings, as well as over the phone, and to provide on-site and classroom-based training.
- Technical competence to carry out field installations and provide technical support to customers in your region.
- Market research skills including competitor analysis, input to new product development and providing feedback on trends in the oil and gas sector.
- Confident and multi-level communication skills (oral and written).
- Familiarity with CRM and databases.
- Ability to travel widely in the US and occasionally beyond, including periodically outside the US.
Experience within the natural gas distribution sector is a big advantage.
You will be professional, self-managing, well-organised and have a good sense of humor. You will play a full part in sales meetings and adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org