Abriox is a dynamic high technology company with European and International Headquarters in the UK and US Headquarters in Ohio.
Our core expertise is the development of remote monitoring systems for utilities – and we work with some of the world’s biggest oil, gas and petrochemical companies.
Our instrumentation helps improve the efficiency of their fuel distribution networks by providing demonstrable asset management, safety, economic, environmental and compliance benefits.
Abriox is committed to employing motivated and high calibre staff who share our values, work as a team and are committed to success. We aim to offer competitive terms and conditions of employment.
We seek the welfare of all our staff and operate on the principle that they work best when they feel valued and can achieve an appropriate work/life balance.
All our staff are qualified professionals in their technical or administrative area. They are encouraged to seek training opportunities as part of their personal career development plan. We believe all existing and prospective employees should have equal opportunities and we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
We offer a competitive salaries with growth potential within the company, a stimulating work environment, full product training and an excellent team ethic.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary Band: £45,000 to £55,000 pa
Location: Newport Office
Abriox is a world-leader in our field of remote monitoring equipment for oil and gas applications. We pride ourselves on designing high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to our customers. We provide a high level of service/support and deal professionally and with integrity.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the design and development of our web-based systems. You will be designing, developing and deploying code, services and websites to run on our servers. You will work in a small project a team alongside product design engineers.
The priority for development is a robust, professional application with a clean effective GUI.
The development environment is very dynamic because we use new technologies and work closely with end-users.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Specification, design and implementation of websites and services
- Design testing and validation
- Input into product design
- A salary of up to £55k dependent on skills and experience
- Responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and an excellent team ethic
- Flexible working hours
You will have significant experience in developing web-based applications and server-side code. You’ll be highly proficient in C# with a good understanding of OO and how to design software properly. Ideally you’ll have a background in C++ and some experience of developing software for PC applications.
You should have experience of most of the following:
- Web based software development
- .NET Framework development
- Design, implementation and use of various relational database systems (SQL Server, Access, MySQL)
- Web Services
- Sound understanding of configuration management techniques
- Software deployment
- PC Software Development
- MFC/Windows API
And an ideal candidate will also:
- Be self-managing
- Be organised and tidy
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good communication
- Have a sense of humour
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Regional Sales Technician (US)
Job Title: Regional Sales Technician
Salary Band: Up to $70,000, depending on experience, with on-target earnings of $80-100,000
Reports to: VP sales, based in Cincinnati
- 5+ yrs direct sales with a consistent track record of success and the references to support it.
- Experience selling value-based or solutions sales of capital equipment (monitoring instrumentation an advantage) to oil, gas and petrochemical companies and to utilities.
- Technical degree and/or extensive sales training courses.
- Familiarity with MS-Office and CRM-type lead tracking tools and databases.
- Identifying potential customers and the key decision-makers for our products in those companies.
- Lead generation through research, calls, visits and presentations.
- Setting up field trials of our equipment, coordinating them to ensure that they meet their objectives.
- Submitting quotations and proposals and managing our response to RFPs.
- Establishing us as the preferred vendor for our product segments.
- Supporting customers with technical information, fieldwork and training to ensure that they become familiar with our products, use them correctly and get the best out of them.
- Identifying and participating in appropriate tradeshows to ensure that our products become well recognised in their segment; identifying and following up leads.
- Gathering market intelligence, including competitor information, and providing input into NPD decisions.
General Description of Role:
Abriox Inc is expanding its sales team and this is a chance to join a specialist technology-based organisation with a strong technical reputation in the oil and gas pipeline sector. We have already secured major clients, who are buying our products because they are high quality, efficient and robust. We are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic Field Sales Technician with communication skills and integrity - to grow our business in key areas.
Following the recent launch of our OSPREY range of gas pressure monitors in the US, this role offers the chance to specialise in these new products, while also supporting sales of our well established MERLIN cathodic protection monitoring products.
Reporting to the VP Sales in Cincinnati, you will manage and provide technical support to our existing customer base - and develop new business. Our customers are oil and gas pipeline operators and associated service companies. For this role, you will be particularly involved with gas distribution companies, of which there are more than 1,000 across the US ranging from small, local operators to huge regional companies with tens of thousands of miles of gas pipeline. These represent an exciting new customer base for Abriox – so you need to be able to identify the appropriate technical contacts, present and demonstrate the products (including assisting with on-site installation) and, following a successful field trial, close the sale.
In return for your success, we offer:
- An exciting and enthusiastic company, growing fast
- Excellent prospects by getting in at an early stage in our development
- Competitive remuneration (salary + commission)
- Full product training, with the opportunity to visit our UK company
- Flexibility to work from home
- Team-oriented environment with a clear vision for success.
This role will suit an established Sales Engineer with a track record in the oil and gas sector. It may also be suitable for a Technician or Service Engineer familiar with gas pressure management to make the transition into a technical sales role. You will spend much of your time travelling so proximity to a suitable aviation hub is essential.
- Full technical familiarity with our product range – we will provide training but you must already have sold (or have technical competence in) products comprising electronics, communications and software, preferably within the oil and gas sector.
- A structured, disciplined approach to account management, including initial sales planning, “cold-calling”, honest and realistic lead classification, creating and driving opportunities and regular, timely reporting.
- Excellent presentation skills at executive level with small or large audiences in order to explain the features and benefits of our products in formal meetings, as well as over the phone, and to provide on-site and classroom-based training.
- Technical competence to carry out field installations and provide technical support to customers in your region.
- Market research skills including competitor analysis, input to new product development and providing feedback on trends in the oil and gas sector.
- Confident and multi-level communication skills (oral and written).
- Familiarity with CRM and databases.
- Ability to travel widely in the US and occasionally beyond, including periodically outside the US.
Experience within the natural gas distribution sector is a big advantage.
You will be professional, self-managing, well-organised and have a good sense of humor. You will play a full part in sales meetings and adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
Application: Please forward CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org